Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Reflections 4


Following are some of my short writings, which due to their format, could not be devoted separate pages. I had earlier posted them in series form on my Facebook page: Amit's Notebook. This is the fourth part.



1- I would rather say -- Those who can do, they do; those who can’t, fight elections.

2- However high be your curiosity, you should never ask
To a woman -- What is your age?
To a man -- What is your salary?
To a guest -- When would you leave?
To a Ph.D. student -- When would you submit?
To a politician -- What exactly do you do?

3- My doctor asks me to be more communicative and not hold back my emotions.
“See, that is why women have such healthy hearts and nerves. They express themselves very well, so they suffer very less due to stress as compared to men.”  

Now I know why our MPs have such radiant faces..

4- Time flies, and lands on the municipality terrace.

5-  Some books are to be banned, others to be burned, and some few to have their masters slain.
[Based on Bacon’s quote.]

6-
-- Dad, I wanna ask you something.
-- Hmm?
-- I read on Wikipedia about lots of things happening in 2013, 14, 15. Gaza, Syria, Yemen. So many displaced. Then ebola, dengue, earthquakes, cloudbursts, cyclones, plane crashes. So many died. tchaa-tchaa... must be difficult, no? Then scams, scandals, movements, agitations, protests and all. I was wondering what were you doing that time. Must be a lot of disturbance, eh?
-- I was posting selfies with you on Facebook.


7- God is a passive user --- only Likes and Shares, never Comments on anything.

8- Perhaps because His last post (i.e., the human being) brought such disasters, God seems to have deactivated His account.

9-
I used to think that Lucknow is the only city in U.P.
Now I know there are two.

10- Ode to December
All fears vanish, all barriers fall;
He sings soulful, forceful songs,
When below the shower,
In December...



Reference:
Amit’s Notebook Link




photo credit: 04042016-_1020633 via photopin (license)


No comments:

Post a Comment