Tuesday, 28 June 2016

Reflections 5


Following are some of my short writings, which due to their format, could not be devoted separate pages. I had earlier posted them in series form on my Facebook page: Amit's Notebook. This is the fifth part.




1- In Delhi, making space for fellow passengers is never an issue. Nobody travels in bus, everybody hangs at the door.

2- Computers have been highly successful in bringing about an equality and harmony among all human beings. Irrespective of their nationality, religion or personal traits, now everyone has the same handwriting.

3- Film stars make a lot of money, in some cases, even more than politicians.

4- A politician is an artist possessing acting skills of the highest order. What dramatic expressions, what an acting, and such a variety!

5- My son has already made his intentions clear. These days he is learning his alphabets:-
A for AAP.
B for BJP.
C for Congress.
D for DMK…

6- In my opinion, all corrupt politicians should be given Nobel Prize.
Oh! Sorry, spelling mistake… I mean No-Bail Prize…

7- Facebook has spoiled me. Now whenever I read something very wise or something very elegantly put -- in books, in media, in letters and e-mails -- I search for the Like button.

8- How could anyone force me to Like something? I mean, if you offer something and I refuse it, I could say "Sorry, I do not like it." But now here you say "You have to Like this! If you are a Hindu, you have to Like this. If you are an Indian, you have to Like this" and so on. And then you count the number of Likes and present it as a quantitative measure of your worth. 'Like' is the new currency.

9- In Gujarat, there are two seasons -- hot and very hot.
In Odisha, there are two seasons -- cyclone and supercyclone.
In U.P., there is only one season -- terrible!

10- Ode to January
Come on now! Be bold and strong! 5000 years of glorious past is behind you. Don’t be so scared! It does not look good. You have the blood of Maharana Pratap and Rana Sanga flowing through your veins, you are the one who drove the British away. Express your past glory once again; take this bucket and towel, go and take a bath…


See also:
Amit’s Notebook Link





photo credit: Lakeside moments #1 via photopin (license)


2 comments: